Summer is soon approaching and a lot of us get anxious about our bodies during this time of year. I have to admit I do too. But with a couple tweaks here and there you can bet your flip flops (or maybe not, you might need those) that you will feel more confident at the end.
Summer Time Body Essentials
- Drink LOTS of water. Easy enough right? Uhhh, not for me. I am not a huge water drinker and it's mainly because I don't usually get thirsty or feel the need to drink liquids. I also don't really like the pale taste.
For this, add some nice slices or wedges of fruit to infuse it. If this still is not your cup of tea then...
- Drink some TEA. Essentially tea is brewed in water so even if you're not drinking the plain stuff, you are still hydrating your body. Plus, tea is super good for you. All kinds of tea. Find your perfect blend and sip a couple cups of those a day preferably unsweetened. If you don't like it that way, add some honey or a squeeze of lemon. Get yourself accustomed to drinking everything natural for optimal benefits. It's actually super yummy like that. I love my Tea For Comfort and Chamomile Iced Tea recipes for this (omit the sugar though).
- Green smoothies and juices are the BEST way (in my opinion) to get all your fruits and veggies in without the hassle. Blend yourself a large glass or two of this everyday and I promise you will see the difference in your skin and overall energy level and body fluency. Check out what I have to say about Green Smoothies to get started.
- If your goal is to shed some weight (to look good in that bikini, yes?) then some adjustments must be made. Drinking water, tea and green juice will surely help loads in weight loss, but more so reducing the amount of food you eat.
- Sounds scary, impossible, annoying? Yes, I thought so too. The trick is to find a container in which you could always measure out your food in. Of course, be diligent about deciding on the size of this container as to not starve yourself or similarly overeat.
- Fill yourself as much as you can with the liquids mentioned above and then "fill" your tummy the remainder of the way (until you feel satisfied) with your measured out food.
- Eating healthy does not mean you have to deprive yourself of the good stuff. Eat whatever you want. Oui, you read that right. Only as long as you have control over what's in it, and how much of it you'll eat. I still recommend though, that you eat things low in sugar and carbs.
Doesn't have to be boring or consisting of a treadmill. I highly recommend that you squeeze in a workout as this will help your body tone up. But if you truly can't or find yourself just not willing to hit the gym, I say...
- Stretch as doing this will loosen your muscles and help you feel less rigid. This will serve as your stimulant towards the next 3...
- Walking everywhere and anywhere
- Dancing (hip hop, ballet, belly dance, zumba) or whatever gets you moving. I found this belly dance workout and found it incredibly useful.
- Yoga and Pilates are a great all around workout.
Do you also find it hard or a hassle to get beach body ready? What are you currently doing to help the efforts? I'd love to know.