Summer is approaching and that means feet, toes out in the open all day, everyday. Until of course, the harsh cold, winds and horrible weather that usually inhabit NYC come along again. I live in sandals, open toe shoes and flip flops during the summer because hey, all fall and winter long my feet are covered in socks, boots or a combination of the two. This too causes my feet some serious damage no matter how much one may care for them. But let me be honest, I don't really care for them... enough, that is. It's a hassle at times to constantly exfoliate, scrub, buff, add a hydrating mask and moisturize those feet. Am I right? Is summer the only excuse we, (errr, I) find to show some love to our precious soles? It shouldn't be that way people, I know. In my quest to salvage the damage done during fall and winter I was introduced to BABY FOOT. The oh, so magical and incredibly GENIUS foot peel.
It claims to peel layers of dry dead skin that have accumulated during the years, to later welcome back what was once your radiant, truly beautiful, baby soft feet.
Take a look...
Yep, Baby Foot does this to you. But after 2 weeks or so, you will have the soft and smooth feet you never knew you could have.
It is both excellent, yet absolutely GROSS, when considered because it kinda looks disgustingly weird. Though it's actually not as bad as it looks. It is completely painless, while the actual gel smells good enough to drink. It smells of fruit and botanicals, surprisingly. The box says lavander but I didn't catch that.
About Baby Foot $25
With a blend of naturally derived extracts consisting of the main ingredient, fruit acids, this foot peel will naturally exfoliate and hydrate your feet.
How To Use It
- Soak your feet in warm water for about 5-10 minutes in order to allow for the peel to penetrate quicker into your skin now that it is softened. Dry soon after
- The product will bring a pair of boots with the 17 magical extracts inside in the form of a gel. Cut them along the dotted line
- Put on your boots and secure with the accompanying tape. I like to gently rub my hands all over my feet to ensure every nook and cranny has been covered with the gel
- Wear some warm, fuzzy socks and optionally some shoes to secure your boots in place but to also allow for the warmth to remain
- Set a timer for 1 hour (or the equivalent of an hour long episode of your favorite show) and patiently wait for the peel to work its magic
- After one hour wash your feet and proceed your life as normal
- The peeling process should begin 3-7 days after your initial application of the gel. You should not force the peeling process or moisturize your feet (if you absolutely must, just add an oil free moisturizer)
- Soak your feet daily in warm water to speed up the peeling process
There's no telling when your process will finish as it will be different for many people depending on the condition of your feet prior to applying the gel, but two and a half weeks should be the max. Mine began peeling just 4 days after my initial application. I applied it on friday night and on tuesday I could see my feet shedding like snake skin. YUCK, but cool! The tops of my feet also began to peel but not until almost the end when the soles were almost completely renewed.
I absolutely love the results I got from this peel and recommend it to everyone. My feet definitely feel softer and smoother, and look very clean and bright. The dull skin is now gone making it appear a lot more healthy. I noticed that perhaps I might need to apply a second treatment of Baby Foot because I sense my feet can be even more soft. I still feel a bit of dryness (though smooth) on the heel, but the peel dramatically almost made it disappear (with a deep moisturizing cream my feet are very soft). One or two more treatments will help me reach my ultimate soft feet. Note that you can apply a second treatment two weeks after your initial application. You can also undergo this treatment every 2 months, to maintain your feet looking their best at all times.
Let me know if you end up trying this genius product.